Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Love These Pancakes

Well I ran out of Pancake mix, a while ago, and have been waiting for it to go on sale.  But today I wanted pancakes for breakfast, so I looked up a recipe on Recipezaar.com.  I found this one.  It is very good, and pretty easy.  Who knew how easy it is to  make pancakes, why do I need to buy a mix??   So in my quest to be more frugal, making my own pancakes is the newest step..

here is the recipe if you are interested.

Pancakes


Ingredients

  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 3 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions


  1. Beat egg until fluffy.

  2. Add milk and melted margarine.

  3. Add dry ingredients and mix well.

  4. Heat a heavy griddle or fry pan which is greased with a little butter on a paper towel.

  5. The pan is hot enough when a drop of water breaks into several smaller balls which 'dance' around the pan.

  6. Pour a small amount of batter (approx 1/4 cup) into pan and tip to spread out or spread with spoon.

  7. When bubbles appear on surface and begin to break, turn over and cook the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers